Wednesday, August 12, 2009

in Mexico City

Hola a todos. I began my journey at the SFO International Airport. Being the rule follower that I am I arrived the required 2 hours ahead of time at SFO only to be delayed by SF´s famous fog. I am the first to arrive at terminal 1 and I am engrossed in reading one of my Spanish language books so I can prepare to think, read, and eat in Spanish. Offin the distance, I keep hearing the annoying laugher of three aging frat boys who seems to be the only ones who think they are funny. Garfieldesque, I recall thinking that as long as i don´t sit next to them it will all be fine. Guess, who got to sit across from them on the plane? Yours truly of course. Good thing I invested in ear plugs - great tip Julie.

Arrived in hot as hell Cabo San Lucas and had to run about 10 minutes to another terminal across the way. Picture me in red backpack, REI shorts, and puffy red face cursing at why Mexican airports did not have arrows to point the way. I am so Americana that way. Good thing I spoke the language. What a mess!! The strained look on my face said it all. I board the flight and all appears well.



Finally, I arrive in Mexico City to find that my luggage has not arrived. My luggage is coming tomorrow. **Update, it has not as of this post. Luckily, I followed one of the numerous tips of travel advice and packed a day pack in a seperate bag. Anyway. I am tired as hell but glad to be here. >The cab driver was here and offered me many helpful tips. DF is beautiful. It is SO not what I expected. Mexico has an amazing history.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

I'm jealous - but so happy for you. I'm excited to someday visit the area you are in and see all the sites you will be enjoying.